Join the Itasca Driftskippers
Show Your Support for Snowmobiling in Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Renew my Membership
Driftskippers General Member – 2024General Membership
for Individuals, Families & Partners
Dec 1, 2023 thru Nov. 30, 2024
Driftskippers Associate Member – 2024Associate Membership
for Businesses or Organizations
Dec 1, 2023 thru Nov. 30, 2024
Note: memberships are not pro-rated.
10 Reasons to Join the Itasca Driftskippers Snowmobile Club
- 1. Driftskippers members secure landowner permission to create snowmobile trails. Without our club getting these permissions and ensuring insurance costs are covered, no trails would cross private property, and that means the sport as we know it would not exist. All this takes time, effort and money.
- 2. Driftskippers members clear and create trails. After the land access is received, somebody has to go out and clear away the brush, cut down interfering limbs, haul out trash and smooth the base of the trail. They also must build bridges over rivers, creeks and ravines, and that takes a lot of work and a lot of money. This is all done by volunteers who truly love the sport.
- 3. Driftskippers members groom the trails. Our groomer operators are volunteers, donating their time to make the trails as smooth as they possibly can. These are the hidden heroes who spend their time in slow moving groomers, tending to the trails and making them as smooth as they are.
- 4. Driftskippers members put up the stop signs, caution signs and directional signage. Take a look at this article about our latest trail signage updates.
- 5. Where does funding comes from to pay for groomers and trails development? The dues you pay to join a snowmobile club help, but in Minnesota the bulk of the funding comes from the Minnesota Snowmobile Trails Assistance Program (grants-in-aid). Why does our sport get this money from the state? Because our sport is organized. There is strength in numbers. Join the Driftskippers!
- 6. Driftskippers members provide youth safety training as volunteer instructors, ensuring new generations of avid, safe riders. Read more here.
- 7. Belonging to the Driftskippers makes for better, safer snowmobiling. Surveys and accident statistics have shown that snowmobile club members have a much lower accident rate than non-club members. Why? Because club members tend to be conscientious, they tend to stress safety and they are aware of safe-riding issues
- 8. The Driftskippers gives you a great social outlet for your favorite hobby. You can help with trail maintenance, attend club rides, go to club meetings, and take part in club fundraisers. Belonging to a club gives you a good opportunity to ride with different people and hang out with people who have similar interests.
- 9. Belonging to the Driftskippers makes you a part of the solution instead of a part of the problem. If you think the trails should be groomed more often, that a certain trail should move to the opposite side of the road or if you consider some corners on the trail dangerous or poorly marked, get involved. Most snowmobile clubs seek fresh opinions and want feedback from users.
- 10. And the #1 reason to join the Itasca Driftskippers Snowmobile Club: It’s just the right thing to do. You should belong to a snowmobile club. The costs are minimal, the benefits are nice and we need you to help support the sport.